Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting to Dublin


















Took the Airtrain to JFK for my Aer Lingus flight. Found myself in a window seat in row 10 next to the lovely Sister Mary O'Hallaran. We talked about her nieces and nephews, and when she found out that I was a "mum", she told me, "no, child, you must live with the fairies, you're way too young to have a wee one". You don't get more Irish than that. Delays on the tarmac in New York evaporated in the chilly wind that lofted us across. So I had a blessed flight, and a blessed though slightly cramped sleep across the Atlantic, to land in a grey and rainy but still green Dublin.

Got an Aircoach bus from the airport straight the hotel -well, nearly straight after a fuss about not having a printed copy of my confirmation number (to get ON the bus) and then missing my stop to get OFF. A quick walk though brought me back to the Schoolhouse Hotel which though also a tad cramped is lovely... particularly "grand" is having a bathtub to soak in after a LONG day of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment